The Mississippi Instructional Resource Center (MIRC) serves as a repository for braille textbooks, large print textbooks, and specialized educational materials. The MIRC coordinates the registration of students who are legally blind and manages the APH Federal Quota Funds. The funds are used to purchase braille, large print, and specialized textbooks and educational materials for students who are legally blind in public, private, and parochial schools and other statewide agencies. The MIRC is also appropriated funds by the state legislature to provide services to partially-sighted students whose best corrected vision is no better than 20/70 or whose doctor requests large print textbooks.
REQUESTING TEXTBOOKS & MATERIALS
- MIRC January 2020 Census Memo
- Textbook and APH Material Request Form
- Acknowledgement Form/Packing Slip
- What is Federal Quota?
- Instructions for FEDERAL QUOTA Registration (2020)
- APH 2020 FEDERAL QUOTA Registration Form
- Instructions for NON-QUOTA Registration (2020)
- MIRC 2020 NON-QUOTA Registration Form
- APH & MIRC Parent Consent Form
- APH & MIRC Parent Consent Template (Spanish)
- MIRC Eye Report
- Optometrist Clarification Template